Unfortunately, the BK Burger Shots left me somewhat unimpressed. I figured there could be some redemption within the tiny breakfast sandwich version. Introducing the BK Breakfast Shots from Burger King.
The BK Breakfast Shots are simply tiny breakfast sandwiches. Ingredients consist of egg, cheese, cheesy ranchero sauce and your choice of sausage, bacon or ham. One of my biggest gripes with the BK Burger Shots was how uninspired they were. They really didn’t offer up anything new or exciting other than being smaller than a typical burger. They were very average and I won’t be in a rush to get them again anytime soon. I felt the Burger Shots suffered from being plain and the bread was a little on the dry side. I was happy that the Breakfast Shots used a softer more breakfast-y style bun that was sort of reminiscent of a croissant. While none of the ingredients stood out as being anything amazing, the Breakfast Shots were more satisfying than the Burger Shots. They come in sets of 2, wrapped up in a tearable paper packaging (see above pics) that eases with grubbing on the go and not getting too messy. The problem with the packaging is that it almost requires you to grip down on the sandwiches to tear them apart from one another. The extra soft bread takes a hit and you end up with sandwiches that look like they’ve been stepped on.
- BK Breakfast Shots with Sausage: The sausage version of the Breakfast Shot was the most filling of the 3 meat choices. Also because of the added size, this version also packed more flavor than the others. The sausage was a good size and it overlapped the tiny bun in some areas. It wasn’t overly greasy. My favorite of the 3.
- BK Breakfast Shots with Bacon: The bacon version was flavorful but I was let down the most by this one. There wasn’t much bacon at all so the tiny sandwich was consumed by bread, egg and cheese. The bacon was a little too chewy for my liking but there wasn’t enough of it (barely 2 small pieces) to get too bothered. I don’t think the cheesy ranchero sauce went as well with this one as it did on the others. My second favorite of the 3.
- BK Breakfast Shots with Ham: My least favorite of the 3 meat choices. The ham was a little on the cold side, as if some cold cuts were thrown in there. I would’ve preferred the ham to have a bit of a crisp to it. So my experience felt like a warm breakfast sandwich with not so warm ham. Some BK menus still have the $1.00 Ham Omelette Sandwich so if you can find that, get that instead if you’re craving ham. My least favorite of the 3.
While not as disappointing as the BK Burger Shots, the Breakfast Shots as a whole didn’t live up to the hype. Was there hype? I don’t know. I don’t think these Burger Shots and Breakfast Shots were marketed too well. It doesn’t matter much because they turned out to be nothing too special anyways. The Sausage Breakfast shot was the best out of the 3. For the most part, they were good but I probably won’t be getting them again. I’m looking forward to Burger King getting passed this “mini” phase and on to something else.
- Pros– Bite-sized. Decent portion of egg. Tasty, almost croissant-like bread. 3 choices (sausage, bacon, ham) $1.50 for 2. Easy to eat on the run.
- Cons– Better breakfast options available on the BK menu. Too gimmicky. Packaging could be better. Ranchero cheese sauce was basically just cheese sauce with a fancy name.
Grubbing on the Go: 8.00/10
GrubGrade: 7.75/10 Sausage BK Breakfast Shot (Good)
GrubGrade: 7.50/10 Bacon BK Breakfast Shot (Good)
GrubGrade: 6.75/10 Ham BK Breakfast Shot (Average)
(Overall GrubGrade is not an average)
Price: $1.50 for 2
Nutrition Facts – (pending)